Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Creativity and New Media

An avatar of a soldier for performing military exercises in the virtual world.

I created this avatar of a soldier using one of the online avatar creator website. I was amazed by the many sites that are available to design an avatar online and most of them are based on the same things i.e. choosing a gender, and then customizing your avatar with physical features and clothing along with a background. I wanted to use a soldier avatar because virtual worlds provide an environment for the training of difficult professions or undertakings. A soldier works on the battlefield and it is there where they will experience the true feelings of being involved in wars. However, virtual worlds can prepare soldiers to react in any life or death situation by being involved in virtual activities that can make them achieve some level of confidence. It is unusable and unethical for a soldier to carry out demise while training but with virtual exercises such can be done without causing harm in the real world. I was lucky to find a soldier’s uniform and boot to dress my avatar. I also included weapons and a dismal background to aid in the training.

3 comments:

  1. Wow your avatar is so amazing. It looks like a character straight out of a game! It's interesting how you chose the soldier concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that your avatar was cool it reminded me of this character ,"Snake" from the video game, "Metal Gear Solid".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Pedro went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which I used to expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend anyone looking for loan to contact. pedroloanss@gmail.com.WhatsApp ..+ 1-863-231-0632.

    ReplyDelete